What’s New with the PTO?
- Did you know…
- The PTO has approved over 12 grant requests from staff and teachers so far this year totaling over $8,700.
- The grants include books for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade busing for Fire Station field trip, 3rd grade Spelling City subscription, EL Curriculum Night, 3/4/5 family methods of Project Based Learning materials, healthy snacks for students in need, 4th grade Youth Frontiers Kindness Retreat, STEM Fest, Phys Ed. equipment, Creativity Fest, Project Impact, and Connect Program Support.
- The PTO supports teachers and the school with other dollars throughout the year with allocations to each grade. This commitment totals over $10,000 a year.
- The PTO board members serve a 2-year term. Many of the current board members are in their 2nd
- Without new PTO board members, the PTO will no longer be able to operate.
- Without the PTO, grants, funding, experiences, and activities will no longer be available to the teachers, staff, and students.
- Please consider a PTO Board Position….contact the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates/Things to Remember:
- January, 2018: Art Adventure begins for 1st and 2nd grade classes
- January 19th: Spirit Day and School Store
- January 29th: Food Label contest begins
- February 2nd: Spirit Day and School Store
- February 13th: PTO Meeting from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm; everyone is welcome to come and join the meeting.
Mark Your Calendars:
- Fine Arts & Literacy Night – March 8th, 2018
- Spring Fling – April 6th, 2018
- Color Fun Run – May 18th, 2018