JAN 11 2021
As we ready to return to in-person learning over the next several weeks, here are some important health and safety reminders:
- Students must wear their masks at all times except when eating their lunches or during organized mask breaks that include social distancing. The updated guidance from the MN Departments of Education and Health now require masks to be worn during physical education and , which is a change from the fall. If your child has a medical exemption, please contact your school nurse.
- Please pack extra masks for your child for gym and recess. They often become wet during the day with colder weather and warm breath. Wash masks often.
- While the CDC has provided guidance for a shortened quarantine period, the MN Department of Health, Carver County Public Health, and our Regional Support Team continue to recommend the 14-day quarantine period as the best way to prevent the spread of the virus. Our district will continue to follow the 14-day quarantine period for those deemed "close contacts" of a positive case.
- Families who are traveling internationally must quarantine for 14 days after return.
- Parents are important to the screening process, and know their child best. If your child has any symptoms of illness, please keep them home and contact your school nurse. If anyone in your family is waiting for results of a COVID-19 test, please keep your child(ren) home until test results are received. MDH Decision TreePDF download Siblings of ill students should also be kept home while waiting for further instructions. Even minor symptoms could be a symptom of COVID-19. For example: “They just had a little cough”. In a typical year they would still come to school for a little cough. With the pandemic, they should be evaluated for the same symptom. Many symptoms of COVID-19 are consistent with other common illnesses like colds, influenza, strep, stomach bugs.
- “Rapid” (antigen) tests are not as accurate. When getting tested, please look for a PCR (nasal or saliva) test. There are numerous testing locations or you can order one to your home.
- Please continue to contact the school nurse if your child has been exposed or tested positive during distance learning. The better our local data, the better informed our learning plans. This information can also be helpful in determining if a student needs to quarantine based on other exposures.
Health & Safety Reminders as students return to in-person learning
Recordatorios de salud y seguridad a medida que los estudiantes regresan al aprendizaje en persona
Esperamos ver a los estudiantes de vuelta en nuestros edificios cuando comiencen a regresar al aprendizaje en persona en enero y febrero. La salud y seguridad de los estudiantes y el personal es nuestra prioridad. Aquí hay un enlace con algunos recordatorios importantes de salud y seguridad.