Happy Friday BCE Families!
Our entire staff has worked diligently to prepare for distance learning. I know this was not an easy shift for many families and I believe we will not disappoint you with all that we have prepared. Please know we are doing everything we can to support students and provide families with the tools and information to help them succeed.
Here are some tips to make distance learning successful:
- Help your child wake up and eat before class.
- Make sure your child has school materials ready when class starts.
- Your child will need your help when they log in to class for the first several meetings, but don’t just do it for them, teach them so they can become independent.
- You should not have to stay next to your child during the entire class. Be close in case technical help is needed.
- Please remember that the camera and microphone are on during the meeting. Monitor your home for excessive noise and inappropriate background activity that might disrupt learning.
- Involve your child in the classroom break times for eating and movement.
- Help your child turn in their work, but please not do the work for them. If the work is confusing, please contact the teacher.
- Please follow the classroom schedule set by the teacher and note teacher contact times so you can access the help you need.
- Plug in the Chromebook each night.
Great News – Thank you!
As we move into the Thanksgiving holiday it is appropriate to thank our entire school community for their generosity that made our Fall Food Drive a success. Bluff Creek Elementary collected 653 pounds of food and donated this to the Bountiful Basket Food Shelf in Chaska.
I also want to thank our PTO for the amazing Fall Festival that brightened the days leading up to our distance learning experience.
We do not have school for staff or students on Wednesday, November 25th, Thursday, November 26th and Friday November 27th for the Thanksgiving holiday. We also do not have school for students on Monday, November 30th- this is a teacher first trimester grading day.
Zig Ziglar has a quote that fits this unusual Thanksgiving holiday; “Of all of the attitudes we can acquire, surely the attitude of gratitude is the most important and by far the most life-changing.” We at Bluff Creek feel grateful for the opportunity to nurture and teach your children.